MANILA - The arraignment of Spanish national Franco Sanchez who allegedly sexually abused a minor in his house in Taguig City did not push through due to technical difficulties.
The detention facility had connectivity problems and could notaccess the online hearing, Department of Justice Undersecretary Emmeline Villar told the media via text message on Friday.
The arraignment was reset to October 29.
"The defense was given time to file a reply to the comment/opposition to the motion to dismiss of the accused," Villar said.
The accused, who also goes by the name Francisco Manuel Sanchez de Oria, is under detention at the Bureau of Immigration Detention Center in Taguig.
The 36-year-old is facing charges for violation of Republic Act (RA) 7610 or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act and RA 9775 or the Anti-Child Pornography Act before the Taguig Regional Trial Court Branch 15.
Sanchez met the 16-year-old female victim online last year and brought her to his residence in Taguig, where he allegedly drugged and raped her.
The minor also said Sanchez recorded her and a certain Gil while having sex. (PNA)