Thu, 30 Jun 2022

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga - The total volume of fisheries production in Central Luzon increased by 1.8 percent in the first quarter of this year.

Based on the latest data from the Philippine Statistics Authority-Regional Statistical Services Office-Central Luzon (PSA-RSSO 3), the region's total fisheries production was at 97,440.2 metric tons for the first quarter of the year as compared to the 95,745 metric tons in the same period of 2021.

PSO RSSO 3 officer-in-charge Arlene Divino, in a report, said the slight increase was attributed to the increments of commercial and aquaculture fisheries at 36 percent and 6.6 percent, respectively.

Data showed that the volume of harvest from aquaculture farms was estimated at 84,584.8 metric tons in the first quarter as against 79,350.6 metric tons in 2021.

On the other hand, the commercial fisheries production in Central Luzon recorded a 36-percent increase to 870.1 metric tons from 639.7 metric tons in 2021.

The data also showed that municipal fisheries posted a decrease of 23.9 percent in the volume of production in this year's first quarter of 2022.

The volume of municipal fisheries declined from 15,754.7 metric tons in the first quarter of 2021 to 11,985.2 in the same period this year.

Marine municipal fisheries production decreased by 5.7 percent from the recorded 8,662.1 metric tons in the first quarter of 2021.

In addition, inland fisheries production dropped by 46.2 percent from the 7,092.6 metric tons in 2021 to 3,815.6 metric tons in 2022.

Marine fisheries in the first quarter of 2022 contributed the highest at 68.2 percent of the total municipal fisheries production, while inland municipal fisheries comprised the remaining 31.8 percent. (PNA)

Sign up for Manila News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!